Sunday, January 3, 2016

McCalls Pattern M7262

A new pattern, the perfect fabric and high hopes!!

Unfortunately, I didn't have enough fabric to make the long sweater but enough to make the poncho.  I was all ready to cut out the poncho when I convinced myself to make a short sweater,  since I do have a tendency to wear clothes too big for my short frame.  

The pattern went together very easy but my finished results look nothing like the pattern cover, sorry McCalls. 


I did have difficulty with sewing my buttonhole.  My newer Singer brilliance was unable to sew through the thick collar so I had to use the old Singer slant-o-matic 500, it is a workhorse.  I wrapped wax papper around the fabric to help move it along.

Although, I haven't. Worn it yet I do like it and I can see it fitting into my wardrobe.  I do have a little regret I didn't make the poncho but there is always next time.

3 comments:

  1. That's lovely! Looks like it would keep me warm in the office. Is it wool?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, Thank you so much! Yes, it is wool and very warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, Thank you so much! Yes, it is wool and very warm.

    ReplyDelete