Saturday, December 26, 2015

Vintage Patterns and Casual Sweet Clothes

What a wonderful Christmas!  On Christmas Eve my family and I traveled to my parents house in rural Minnesota.  I can't remember when the last time was we were together on Christmas Eve.  My brother, sister and their lovely families we all there.  My Mother, an excellent cook, prepared a fabulous feast, it was a great evening!!


But outside in the machine shed, for nearly 20 years, my father found these fabulous, vintage patterns.  Vogue, McCalls, Advance and Superior patterns that remained rodent and insect free.  Well preserved indeed.

Although there are not many I would sew with they are beautiful to look at.


Then on Christmas morning I received this beautiful book.  Casual Sweet Clothes by Noriko Sasa  with 18 patterns.  I really love the simple styles that look so lovely.  With the right fabric choice these patterns become gorgeous garments!


A few of my favorite pieces that I can't wait to make include this v-neck shift with ruffled cuffs.


Jewel-neck jacket with bow.


Round-neck coat with turn-out cuffs.


Denim jacket with braided detail, gorgeous! 


A few vintage pattern pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment