Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Fabric store closing

One of the toughest sewing challenges in NW Iowa is finding fashion fabric.  We have a great assortment of lovely cottons for quilting or fleece for blankets but wool, silk and wool/crepe blends are hard to find.

My work involves enough travel to bring me to many communities within a tri-state area and a few rare fabric stores.  Traveling last week I made time to stop at my favorite fabric store.  A lovely store that has been focused on fashion for over 75 years.  You can't imagine my sadness when I arrived and saw the STORE CLOSING sign in the window.  I made some great purchases and plan to return again before the doors lock for good.

Wool, velvet, crepe, velvet embossed chiffon and tencel.  This is what I am talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment