Sunday, September 6, 2015

The Perfect Tie-Neck Blouse

The InStyle Fall 2015 issue has left me full of sewing plans.  Clearly the Ultimate Fall Style Guide as the cover states. 


The Perfect Tie-Neck Blouse was first on my list.  

I was sure I had a pattern somewhere in my stash and sure enough I found this 1979 McCall's pattern #6865.  I made view D but without the sleeves.

I had some lovely, blue, satin in my fabric stash perfect for this project.

Without sleeves I only needed to cut 3 pattern pieces.  Unfortunately I bought this pattern used and I discovered it was missing the front piece for view D.  The front pattern piece for view A was what I ended up cutting with modifications made to the front neckline.  The pattern was easy to sew and went together within a couple of hours.  

I found a great tutorial on line to show me how to attach the collar.
http://www.burdastyle.com/techniques/bow-collar-for-blouse.com










No comments:

Post a Comment